Monday 28 November 2016

Are You Ready For Holiday Sale?

Did you missed getting the new Winter collection Snow Day, during the recent launch?  If yes, fret not!  You can get them this time round, along with any other Purple Onion Design stamps that you have been eyeing on!

The sales will end on 7 December so make your choices quickly before your favourite stamps go out of stock.
 
And here is a special card I've made sometime back using Forrest and Meadow from last winter collection, Snowflake Grove.



For the background, I blended some distress ink in Faded Jeans and Crack Pistachio with the blending tool to get a smooth colour.  To get a nice gradual dark to light effect, I went a little heavy handed on Faded Jeans just on  the top of the white water colour cardstock.
 
The birch trees is a cut file from the Silhouette Design Store called Birch Love Forest by Sophia Gallo (Design ID# 74354).  There's plenty of birch tree dies that you can use too if you do not have a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine.
 

Just in case you wonder where is the stamp for the tree stump that Forrest was standing on come from?  It's actually from Flora (owl on tree stump)!  I've replaced Flora with Forrest! (Sorry Flora!)

 
And here is what happens when you give a gentle press on the "Noel" tab on the card.  Yes, Forrest's lamp lights up with Chibitronics Chibi lights circuit stickers!

 
Here is a close up .
 
 
I went out of my comfort zone to add on a little 'electronic' element for this card.  I'm usually very frightful of handling anything that's got to do wires, circuits and stuff.  And after watching numerous YouTube videos on how to use Chibitronics I managed to make it work on my second attempt!
 
If you have been toying with the idea of adding these little Chibi lights to your paper projects, I urge you to give it a try!  Just search on the YouTube and there's plenty of tutorial on Chibitronics Chibi circuit lights :)
 
I'll be sharing another new project very soon so please do swing by my blog again if you wish to see my next project using Purple Onion Design stamps!  Don't forget to check out the Design Team's works for loads of inspiration!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment