Friday 26 January 2018

A New Year, A New Project

Happy 2018!  Sorry for the lack of post as I took a real long break from colouring and paper crafting! 

I want to thank everyone who has stopped by my blog during the blog hop!  Never has my blog had so many visitors!  I'm sure the winners have benefited greatly from the free classes!

Start of a new year is always a little sluggish for me.  After all the festive celebrations, it's hard to get the crafting mojo back again!  But I'm so happy that I'm able to complete a 3d project yesterday.


This 3d box featuring a petal fold closure is cut file from the Silhouette Design store by Lori Whitlock (Design ID #20742) and I had it cut out on a Kraft paper using my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine.

There's quite a bit of masked stamping on this box as the layout of the stamps are all different on four sides.  

clouds, Beach grass #1 and #2

Stamps used: Free Spirit



Like a similar project I did during Christmas (oops, I didn't do a blog post on that but you can find it on my Instagram!) I used polychromo colour pencils to colour the images.  I was clueless how the colour pencils work but I'm so glad for the tutorials I found on YouTube and finally figure how to use them.  It's not perfect colouring but at least it's the way I like it (:  


Here is a particular YouTube tutorial by Julia Altermann that I find exceptionally helpful and I'm grateful for crafters like her to share the know-how selflessly.



Colouring the images were really whole loads of fun!  I have to say Free Spirits is my favourite on this project! 

All images are stamped using Mememto Black Tuxedo ink, coloured with Faber Castell Polychromo colour pencilsInkadinkado Stamp-A-Ma-Jig Stamp Positioner  and stamping mask paper is a must-have tool for positioning of the images and masked stamping.

I hope you are inspired and like what I've shared today!  If you have any question, just drop me a comment and I'll try my best to answer (:

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment