Thursday 27 September 2018

Happy Birthday with Rosie

Sometimes a treat bag or a gift box just look a little to simple?  That's how I feel when I wanted to pack a gift for a friend on her birthday.... and so I decided to make it look a little more fancy!

Happy Birthday Treat Bag with Rosie
Stamps used: Rosie, Wildflowers, (on the tag) floral end notes

The kraft paper treat bag is being cut out using my Silhouette Cameo.  I then stamped the images with Versafine Onyx Black ink and colour them with Fabre Castell polychromo colour pencils.  I stamped the image of Rosie first, and then cover it up securely with some mask stamping paper.  Then I stamped the image of the wildflowers in the background all round the treat bag.  


If you have doubts on the masked stamping, just do a search on YouTube and you will find lots of tutorials to guide you on it.

I also made a small tag to go along with the bag so that I can write a short message and also to add on a sentiment to make it look a little more fun (:

Colouring with the polychromo colour pencils didn't start off well for me, but it definitely got better after watching some very informative tutorials on the YouTube!  My colouring is far from perfect but practice definitely helps loads!

Even if it's just a normal plain paper bag,  all these stamping and colouring can even be done.  Just add a touch of stamping and colouring, or perhaps, if you have a little more time, make a gift tag and attach along, and the treat bag will look so much more interesting and lovely for a special occasion!

Hope you like what I've shared today!

Pick up your stamps and start stamping today (:

No comments:

Post a Comment