Saturday 21 July 2018

Happy Birthday With Tiered Cake

Happy weekend!

The sales is still on going at Purple Onion Design,  just another 2 days left for 25% off all stamps!  So hop over to check out the stamps if you have not do so (:



And today I have another card to share with you (:


The background with the Happy Birthday sentiment was created by blending distress inks with the distress ink blender and a random splats of glitter inks from the Finetec pearl colors ink palette.  This technique was used in one of my previous card ~ Birthday Wishes, which was posted earlier.


I wanted to keep the tiered cake as the main focus so I kept everything else simple and clean.  I stamped the image with my favourite Memento ink in black tuxedo and  coloured it with Copic markers.  I also added some Nuvo glitter drops in Silver Moondust to give more dimension and fun to the cake.  I really love how the Nuvo drop hold its shape after it's dried!  It really gives the card lots of bling!

Next, I die cut a dainty scallop lace border from Spellbinders borderabilities A2 scallop border die templates and adhered it at the bottom of the card to make it look more dainty.

And the card is complete!

I hope you like the card I've shared today (:  The sales will end on 22 July so be sure to get your favourite stamps from Purple Onion Designs before the sales end to enjoy the saving of 25% savings!

That's all for now.  Keep calm and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment