Thursday 12 September 2019

For The Bahamas Hurricane Dorian Disaster Relief

Hello!

I've been a little under the weather a couple of weeks back and also I guess I've kind of lost my crafting mojo for a bit!  I haven't been doing any crafting for more than 3 weeks!

But the card that I'll be sharing today, it took me less than 4 hours to create!  Not that it's impossible to make a card in 4 hours but I usually take a day or two to make one that I'm happy with.  But to make it in 4 hours, all it took was a bit of motivation, for a great cause.

Now for a limited time only, till 15 September 2019, this Sunday to be exact, Purple Onion Designs has put up a stamp bundle of 13 stamps with 15 individual images will be going at USD35.00.  This set of stamps has been discounted almost 50% with all proceeds going to charities helping in the relief effort.  Exact details can be found at IG page of Purple Onion Designs.

In support of the generous contribution from Purple Onion Designs and to do my part, I will be purchasing a set too and host a GIVEAWAY at my Instagram page for officially reaching 2,000 followers, to thank all my friends for supporting my Instagram page.

And here is the card that I've put up in less than 4 hours (:


All the 6 stamps that I've used for this card are from the bundle stamp set.  You can create cards of different occasions for friends of all ages with all the stamps in the bundle.  Who doesn't like beach, palm tree and some cute critters? 

The scene of this card is a reminiscent of the beautiful sandy beaches and clear blue sky of the Bahamas coastline.  I created the sandy beach by using Distress Oxide ink in Wild Honey, Squeezed Lemonade and Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap.  I added some random dark brown and black 'dots' with some of my Copic markers and added some white ones with my white gel marker, to make it look like a real sandy beach.  A few small little sequins added a little 'bling' as seashells :)

I also blended some Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass to create the blue sky.

To make Smokey and Buddy look a little more fun, I added some stripes on Smokey and some patches on Buddy.  All images are coloured using Copic markers.


Again, this set can be purchased until this Sunday 9/15/19, by clicking on the link here and then found in several spots on the home page of the website. .


Even if you own any of the stamps in the set, it is still a great deal for a very important cause. I’m sure you could gift any duplicates to stamping friends.  So get a set now!

That's all for now.  Going to work on my next card now and I hope it will not take another couple of weeks to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment