Saturday 20 October 2018

New Collection ~ Mistletoe Farm


Hello!

If you have been following my Instagram account, you would have seen the "coming soon" graphic that the new winter collection of stamps will be available from Purple Onion Designs that is illustrated by Stacey Yacula. Well, the wait is over!


The new Mistletoe Farm collection is now available and for a limited period of time only, the whole collection will be sold at a $107.00 (at a 30% discount!).  The collection consist of 26 stamps and offer ends on 31 October 2018.  

Mistletoe Farm collection, as usual, consists lots of new cute critters and this time round, it has lots of farm animals too!  If you are a fan of Stacey Yacula, you wouldn't want to miss having this collection!

And here is my first card using a couple of stamps from Mistletoe Farm (:

Celebrate the season!

The idea of Maggie sitting on top of the stack of hay bale was from a random stamping fun (what I usually do when I explore new stamps) and when I saw how cute it was for her to be sitting on the top on the stack of hay bale, with her arms wide open embracing the falling snow, I really love how the whole scene look!  Perfect expression for celebrating the season!

I stamped a couple of hay bale on Inkadinkado stamping mask paper and then cut them out for the mask stamping technique to achieve the whole image.  Here is a tutorial for the mask stamping to share.

For the scene of the snowing farm, I stamped farm horizon on a water colour cardstock with my favourite ink, Black Tuxedo from Memento.  I did some light blending using distress inks in chipped sapphire (for the sky) and iced spruce (for the snowy ground).  I wanted the image of Maggie and the hay bale to pop so I keep the rest of the colouring subtle except for the barn house.  Somehow the barn house looks prettier in red!  


To create the scene of the falling snow, I added little dots of Ranger enamel accents in Glacier white.  I simply love how it gives the dimensional look when it dries, making the snow fall looking more realistic.

No card is complete without sentiment and I find "Celebrate the season" is just the right one for this card.

I really hope you like what I've shared today!  To see more amazing projects from the design team of Purple Onion Designs featuring the new Mistletoe Farm collection, just head over to the blog and take a look!  I'm sure you will be inspired (:

Remember to check back here in a couple of days as I will be sharing more projects using the new Mistletoe Collection.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment